2012 Elio Altare, Arborina Barolo
100% Nebbiolo planted in the sandy, clay soils of La Morra. The grapes are fermented in steel with 3-4 days on the skins. The wine matures in French oak barriques (30% new) for 24 months.
Philosophy of Life and Work
– Vineyards are cultivated without the use of any chemicals or pesticides (unless it’s strictly necessary) or any other substance that might interfere with the vine cycle or grape maturation.
– Use only copper and copper sulphate, and fertilize with organic cow manure.
– During the alcoholic fermentation they don’t inoculate with yeast. Only indigenous yeasts are used followed by a natural malolactic fermentation.
– No filtering or clarifying of the wine.
– No substances are used to alter the color or structure of the wine.
– Extremely low use of sulfur.
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic